The 3rd Global 5G Event was held at the Hilton Tokyo Odaiba on 24 – 25 May 2017, with the theme of ‘Creating the Crossover Collaboration for 5G Eco-Society’. About 700 attendees, from both Japan and abroad, participated in fruitful and meaningful discussions at the Event. In addition, Telebrasil – Project ‘5G BRASIL’ signed an accession agreement to the Multilateral MoU for Global 5G Event.
Summary of the 3rd Global 5G Event
Data: 24–25 May 2017 (Workshop), 24–26 May (Exhibition)
Location: Hilton Tokyo Odaiba (Workshop), Big Site (Exhibition)
Participant: Speakers from Japan:13, Speakers from overseas: 28
Prof. Emeritus Susumu Yoshida (Kyoto University. Chairman of 5GMF), Mr. Isao Sugino (MIC*), Prof. Hiroyuki Morikawa (University of Tokyo), Mr. Yoshio Honda (Ericsson Japan), Mr. Akira Matsunaga (KDDI), Mr. Koji Nakao (NICT), Mr. Yukihiko Okumura (NTT DOCOMO), Mr. Junya Inoue (The Tokyo Organizing Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games), Mr. Takashi Sueki (TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION), Mr. Takahiro Nakamura (NTT DOCOMO), Prof. Seiichi Sampei (Osaka University), Prof. Akihiro Nakao (University of Tokyo), Dr. Kohei Sato (Secretary General of 5GMF)
– 700 people, including representatives from ministries of Japan, US, Europe, China, Korea as well as 5G Promotion Groups worldwide, participated.
– Rep. Jiro Akama, State Minister for Internal Affairs and Communication, opened the Event with some welcoming remarks. Prof. Susumu Yoshida, 5GMF Chairman, gave the keynote address titled ‘Creating the Crossover Collaboration for 5G Eco-Society’.
– Discussions during the opening session focused on the importance of continued communication and cooperation between governments, 5G promotion groups, and stakeholders.
– Sessions held included discussions on frequency harmonization, deployment, potential collaborative plans for the 5G trial, and building collaborative relationships with verticals. A special session on 5G security was also held.
– Brazil was welcomed as a participant in the 5G Global Events when Telebrasil
– Project ‘5G BRASIL’ signed an accession agreement with the Multilateral MoU for Global 5G Event after the workshop on 24 May.
– At the WTP exhibition held at the Big Site convention center, the MIC introduced two research projects, 5G MiEdge and 5G!Pagoda, sponsored by its Strategic Information and Communications R&D Promotion Program, as well as activities by the MIC and an overview of the 5GMF.
– Finally, Prof. DoungKu Kim, Chairman of executive committee 5G Forum, announced that the 4th Global 5G Event will be held in Seoul Korea on 22-24 November 2017.
The series of events is based on a Multi-Lateral MoU to cooperate on building global consensus on 5G with world’s 5G promotion organizations. The event is held twice a year in rotation.
5G signatories : The Fifth Generation Mobile Communications Promotion Forum(5GMF,Japan), 5G Forum(Korea), 5G Americas(Americas), IMT-2020 5G Promotion Group (China), 5G Infrastructure Association(5G-IA, Europe), Telebrasil – Project ‘5G BRASIL’ (Brazil)