The Second Global 5G Event was held in Rome, Italy on November 9th and 10th. The sponsorship of these Global 5G Events rotates throughout the world’s 5G promotion organizations. The Second Event, sponsored by the 5G-IA (Europe), held presentations and panel discussions on the theme of “Enabling the 5G EcoSphere”.
Second Global 5G Event
Date: November 9-10, 2016 (Wednesday, Thursday)
Location: Rome Marriot Park Hotel (Italy)
Sponsor: The 5G Infrastructure Association (5G-IA) (Europe)
Participants: Presenters from Japan: 9, Participants: about 170
Presenters from Japan: Mr. Yuji Nakamura(MIC), Mr. Akira Matsunaga (KDDI), Mr. Takehiro Nakamura (NTT DOCOMO), Mr. Takaharu Nakamura (Fujitsu), Dr. Takashi Shimizu (NTT), Dr. Kohei Satoh (ARIB)
– 340 participants and exhibitors, mainly from Europe, and including 5G promotion organizations and Japanese, American, European, Chinese, and Korean ministries.
– The welcome address on the subject of “Enabling the 5G EcoSphere” was given by Mr. Antonello Giacomelli, Under-secretary of the Minister of Economic Development, with the mandate for Communications, and representing the Italian government. Five sessions and panel discussions were held: 1) the communication policies of various nations; 2) system architecture; 3) International cooperation in 5G spectrum use; 4) Radio Interface Resource Management; and 5) Network management and software networks.
– Six participants from Japan participated in the presentations and panel discussions.
– 24 organizations were represented in the exhibition hall, which focused on 5G-PPP project demonstrations and results. The 5GMF booth distributed pamphlets and set up a large display summarizing the 5GMF, the 5GMF White Paper, and information on the next Global 5G Event to be held in Tokyo.
– The two-day event came to a close with remarks by 5GMF Secretary General Dr. Kohei Satoh, who announced next the Global 5G Event, which will be held in Tokyo in conjunction with Wireless Technology Park 2017.